This resource is a reader’s advisory tool that focuses on discovering fiction books. We will look at how to use Novelist for reader’s advisory, bringing fiction books into the classroom, and using folders.
Introduction to Novelist (6:46) Learn about the database and how to search for books and authors using appeal factors.
Teaching with Books (5:45) Whether you are in a school or public library setting, this segment will provide useful information on curriculum related content and book discussions.
- Search Hemingway Deadlights or Twilight
- Select another book in the series. Is it owned by a Wyoming library?
- Create a log-in and then create a folder for a topic, such as Travel or Beach Reads.
- Conduct a search, for example, Caribbean (and narrow to mystery stories). Add items to your folder
- Go to My NoveList and move items to your topical folder.
- Recommended Reads: select an age group and explore a new-to-you genre.
- Look at the RA tools (under Reader’s Advisory Toolkit and under Teaching with Books). Are there things here that will be useful to you as you promote books or guide students and patrons to new books? Please share your comments and ideas below.
Please share your comments about the database and your ideas for promoting this resource below.