WULP and the eJournal Portal
We will look at ways to utilize the Wyoming Union List of Periodicals (WULP) and the eJournal Portal which provide access to print and electronic journals.
WULP and eJournal (7:53) Learn how to access these tools from 4 different sites.
- Go into EBSCO’s Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) database.
- Conduct a search on Older Adults and Libraries.
- From the results list, select The Free Library of Philadelphia’s Senior Center. There is no full text, just an abstract in Public Libraries, Sept/Oct 2010.
- Check full text availability on the left. Locate the full text of the article.
- Go to WYLDCat. Conduct a search for the periodical, Yoga Journal. Click on Full Details and note Journal Linker on the right.
- Go to the databases page, http://gowyld.net/dbases.cfm. Click on W and go to the WULP or click on Magazines & Journals. Here you can search for a magazine title, for instance Consumer Reports or Smithsonian. Locate holdings for your library or check for online availablitily.
- From the Wyoming State Library home page, select WYLD Network on the left. To view the Technotes, click on Technical Support & Documentation. Select Technotes. You can view them by subject or numerically (for example, Technote 18).
Please share your comments and ideas below.